Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Big Success

So the party was a success - everyone stayed late, in fact a couple of my sisters stayed until 3:00 a.m.!! Wonderboy was there and cute and sweet as ever. Too bad he's back in Indy now. He'll be home Easter weekend though, so I suspect we'll see eachother then. This weekend I have no plans which is gooood! I need to start getting things ready for Easter as I'll be the one hosting Easter Brunch. I am making homade Mac-n-Cheese and meatballs and buying assorted bread and rolls and my sisters have been assigned various other food items so it should be a big feast, I am looking forward to it! My latest project is rescuing/adopting a boxer. I filled out an application and now they are doing a home check tomorrow and then they try to find a boxer that is best suited for our family. I am really excited about it. I've always wanted a boxer, I just think they are the cutest dogs! Although they are known to be very hyper, I am going to be sure to request one that is on the more calm side. I like the idea of having a bigger dog around though, I feel safer, and especially for playing outside in the summer, I won't have to drag Kennedy in the house everytime I want to run in for a second to get something. I never let her outside for a second if I'm not there. But I'll feel more at ease with a big dog in the yard with her. I will be sure to get the ole "Beware of Dog" sign for the yard! The cost is 250.00 which is kinda steep but at least it's for a dog I really want. So that's all for now I guess. We'll see how the home visit goes, they are bringing a boxer over to "visit" so I am excited about that!

2 comments:

Martie said...

Our dog is half boxer and she is very cool. Nelly's seen her, she's cool, huh Nelly?

Nothing like a big dog to make one feel safer! Hope all goes will with the home visit.

Anonymous said...

She is a sweet looking dog Martie! Boxers are adorable! I'm sure everything will go fine with the home visit. Now it clicked why you took today off! LOSER!