Monday, January 8, 2007

A bit more...

Now that I have established this blog...I can write a bit more, I was under pressure from a fellow blogger (am I allowed to call myself that already?!) to post something quickly.

I have created this blog just as an outlet for all the thoughts running around in my head - I think they need to get out! I have always kept a journal so I imagine this is the same concept. I love watching Sex and The City...yes, I still watch it even though there aren't and never will be any new episodes! Anyway, I love watching/listening to Carrie capturing all her thoughts in her laptop and now look at me!!

I am currently in the "off" stage of a very long "on-again, off again" relationship. It's an emotional time...one minute happy at my new improved, independant self and the next minute sad that there is no longer a "we" or "us" or "family". More on that later.

It's a brand new year and as most of my fellow Americans I am on a quest to "get fit" (and SKINNY)! To that end I have joined a gym....step 1. Now, I must go to said gym and work out.....step 2. Baby steps. I have agreed to particpate in a 5k run with my sister next New years Eve, to some of you this may sound like a reasonable feat but you must understand my deep loathing for the actual act of running. I really don't like anything about it....shin splints, burning chest, shortness of breath.... CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!! Nonetheless, it is something I have always wanted to do.... a challenge. Therefore I will use this blog as an inpiration to track my progress... please feel free to inquire on my progress....in fact, I beg of you....I will need all the encouragement I can get. I AM AN ATHLETE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome my friend! How fun will this be a? Forget working now...we'll just be blogging! Welcome to the blog world!

clew said...

Hi, Kat! Even though you know Nelly, you seem like a sweet gal. :)

HA! I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS OVER KAT'S SHOULDER, NAPSTER!

Chris Daughtry rocks, and Taylor Hicks is the man ... :)

Anonymous said...

HEY! No blogarita names please! I prefer pube anyway! ha ha! Thanks for visiting my loser friend! Just kidding Kat!

Kat said...

Wow, I can see this is a full contact sport!

Martie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Kat. Just record your thoughts and the rest of us will tear them apart....just joking. We're all a pretty good bunch of people.....we even tolerate....ummmm, LIKE nelly! ha ha ha....if you're reading over her shouder nelly, thats a big 'GOTCHA'.

Glad to meet ya, Kat!

Tracy said...

Hey Kat, Welcome! Sorry Nelly convinced you to have the word verification on (it's a pain). Anyway, glad you joined us in this "say all" world!