I feel like I cannot maneuver around this blog...which limits my great creative capacity! Ahem. Anway...I am still finding my way with this whole blogging thing and I think I need a guide...no, not a guide, a format? I don't know what I need but I come across some blogs that are so wrought with insight and clever little tidbits that it leaves me wondering what I am doing here. Nobody is viewing this anyway...so is it a waste of time? That's a good question....do I need validation from others in order to get any sort of reward out of this? I hope not but a single comment now and then would be nice. Ho-hum.
Anyway, in heavier news my super fantastical, excellent, out of this world neighbor died unexpectedly last week. It broke my heart. I literally cried all day. He was 65 and died of a heart attack. When I moved in, I was a single mom. He cut my grass, snow plowed for me and welcomed me with open arms to the neighborhood. He and his wife (whom he clearly adored) made me feel right at home immediately. After I got married, my husband and he became fast friends (as he did with everyone in the neighborhood). My husband and he spent countless hours chit-chatting over the fence. He greeted us nearly every time we arrived home no matter the hour, I'm certain he did not sleep. Always asking our children how their game was, if they'd scored etc. And to us it was always...how was work, how bout this weather, hows mom...always, always showing an interest in our lives. Everytime my husband had a question about a home improvement project....over to "Peakers" he'd go. God bless him, he was a patient man. There is definitely a void in our hearts because of this loss. Our home doesn't feel quite the same without his watchful eye and cheery smile. You will be missed "Peaker". RIP my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment